Friday, November 27, 2009

Songs of the Night

The Sebastian Bach & 80s Sunglasses Category:

"The Flame" by Cheap Trick. They just don't make long-hair-rockin', fist shaking, leather pants wearin' ballads anymore!

The Cowboy & Voodoo Category:

"A Storm Is Going To Come" by Piers Faccini. Even if you have a minimal grasp of the English language, the mere tone of the song will make you think of cowboys and voodoo. His voice makes the back of my neck tingle.

The Bjork Experience Category:

"Time Flies" by Lykke Li. From her eerie, otherworldly voice to the haunting mix of instruments and melody... makes you think of twisted barks, unsettled mist, and Bjork attacking Asian women.

The Loving Love for Love's Sake Category:

"Falling Slowly" by Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova. I. Love. This. Song. I love to love this song. I want to marry this song. I want to have babies with this song. At the very least, I want to stalk this song till it takes a hit out on me. The tune and lyrics are sweetly simplistic...but there's a sense of absolute depth and loveliness to it that's so rich and so engaging, you feel compelled to fall in love.

1 comment:

  1. "At the very least, I want to stalk this song till it takes a hit out on me."

    As a mutual friend of ours has said many a-times in the past: YOU ARE *SUCH* A STAAAAAAALKER!!!

    You sure you're not Vietmaconganese?!?! :P

    ReplyDelete